Nobles Ads width=
Noblesforum

Nobles Ads width=

Tomoloju’s ‘Ajakumo’: More than a song

Offline Bravo01

• View Profile

As the #EndSARS protesters matched forward in Owerri, Imo State, they chanted one of the songs of our own writer, composer, culture producer, and promoter, Benson Omowafola Tomoloju’s ‘Ajakumo’.

The song was all that an Ilaje indigene, who was in the state to attend a meeting, needed to get past them. To his surprise, it worked like magic. Out of excitement, he rushed to the Ilaje Development Summit Group (IDSG) platform to share his testimony:

“I told the boys at Owerri, Imo State, protesting and blaring ‘Ajakumo’, that that’s one of my brother’s songs. They created a partway for me to escape the horrendous traffic caused by road blockages. A good name is better than riches we were told, and character matters.”

That was how ‘Ajakumo’, one of the 100 songs of Ben Tomoloju, popularly known as Ben T, turned into a lifesaver.

‘Ajakumo’ and the rest of the songs were launched virtually on August 29, 2020, by the Producers/Promoters of Concrete Communications, while the first live unveiling took place at Freedom Park, October 18, 2020.

The live unveiling of the 100 songs as part of activities marking the 10th year anniversary of Nigeria’s entertainment hub, Freedom Park, which began on 30th September 2020. There have also been thrilling and inspiring activities such as lectures, concerts, exhibitions, and performances, to mark the occasion which ends on October 30, 2020.

The composer, singer, dramatist, theatre director, and culture communicator performed live, some of his 100 Songs alongside some notable culture promoters at the event.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/tomolojus-ajakumo-more-than-a-song/

Offline FionaNap

• View Profile
Best of Ali - https://bit.ly/3hx9fpd

Nobles Ads width=

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal