Forum

Spread the love
Real Madrid Boss Zi...

Real Madrid Boss Zidane Set To Make Tough Decision On Transfer Of World Cup Star  

(@moderator)

Zinedine Zidane has another tough decision to make after Bayern Munich confirmed that 2014 World Cup star James Rodriguez will leave the club when his two-year loan from Real Madrid expires at the end of the month.

The Colombia international has notched 14 goals and 14 assists in 43 Bundesliga games during his spell with the Bavarians but has consistently struggled to hold down a place in the starting line-up. Bayern were thought to have an option to make the loan permanent but that will not be taken up.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge thanked Rodriguez for his contribution to Bayern’s successes. “I thank James on behalf of FC Bayern Munich for two successful years,” he said in an official statement confirming James’ departure from the club.

“We have twice won the German Championship and the DFB Cup with him. In addition, we reached the semi-finals of the Champions League with him last season. James made an important contribution to all these successes. We wish James all the best for his future.”

Rodriguez thanked Bayern’s fans for their ‘great support’ and wished the club well in the future after winning consecutive Bundesliga titles in Bavaria. “My big thanks go to the entire club and the fans who have always given us great support,” he said.

It was two unforgettable years for me in Munich and I have always felt very well here. I take the best memories and wish FC Bayern the best for the future.”

Rodriguez – who is currently on international duty with Colombia – is now being linked with a move to Serie A with Juventus and Napoli said to be interested, but thus far the playmaker is remaining grounded. “Naples or Turin? I prefer Medellin,” he responded when asked about the interest from the two Italian teams. “I’m calm, I’m just thinking about the national team. We’ll see what happens.”

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge reportedly revealed that James Rodriguez had no intention of staying with the Bundesliga champions. At the Colombian’s request, the German club will not exercise the 42 million euro purchase option that was included in his two-year loan deal from Real Madrid.

“We had a personal conversation with James and he asked us not to exercise his purchase option,” Rummenigge told Sport Bild.”He wants to play and be starter, and here at Bayern that’s not guaranteed. Personally, I am sorry about it.”

As reported by Spanish media outlet MARCA, James will depart Munich and return to Real Madrid, who will offload him this summer as he isn’t a part of Zinedine Zidane’s plans moving forward. With Jovic and Militao already signed and Eden Hazard expected to join the club ahead of next season, Real Madrid seem set to complete a ruthless summer.

Like James, it has been reported severally that Gareth Bale is also on his way out of the Real Madrid squad and a return to the Premier League might be on the cards.

Source :dailyadvent. com

Posted : 05/06/2019 2:43 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register